Saturday, December 18, 2010

Reverb10 - Try

December 18 – Try What do you want to try next year? Is there something you wanted to try in 2010? What happened when you did / didn’t go for it? (Author: Kaileen Elise)


In 2010, I tried needle felting. I got supplies, a nice machine, and lots of bookmarked videos and blogs. I didn't have a good set up space in my studio, and we had other priorities. So, needle felting (the way I wanted to do it) got shifted aside.


For 2011, I have an additional desk upon which to keep my felting machine (called an embellisher) available all the time. I have storage for the supplies, too. I will revisit felting and give it the effort it deserves.


I also plan to tackle another problem area: specialty flour mixing. Yes, I suffer from Celiac's disease, which is an autoimmune reaction of the body to the presence of gluten - the protein found in wheat, barley and rye - in the digestive tract.


I love to bake. There's nothing quite like the smell and feel of freshly baked bread. I want to have that in my home again, and it will involve a big learning curve. I will make many inedible things along the path, but that's just experience. I will be getting a wonderful kitchen scale and buying different flours which is exciting for me. I love gadgets!


There are other things I want to explore next year. These are just the two at the top of my list. I hope you have some exciting things to look forward to!


~ky

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments. Make my day brighter and leave me some love!

Welcome to the Bunny Nest! I host rescued animals in a small in-home setting. Currently, I host 3 bunnies and 2 kitties. These animals will be socialized and housed for the entirety of their lives in my home. They inspire my crafts, and I use any proceeds to pay for their needs. Thanks for visiting!