What’s the thing you most want to achieve next year? How do you imagine you’ll feel when you get it? Free? Happy? Complete? Blissful? Write that feeling down. Then, brainstorm 10 things you can do, or 10 new thoughts you can think, in order to experience that feeling today.
My big thing this year is money management. I want all our debt gone! I know it will feel awesome because I've been there before. I will feel free, like a weight is gone, like fear is abated. We will have plans when we buy things and get out of this "Oh, it broke, we have to replace it now." pattern. Unfortunately, it's a real condition - the need (not want) to replace it NOW.
1. Start budgeting now
2. Adjust all excess money (even if it's just $1) to savings
3. Couple the budget and savings with mental pleasure and reflection
4. Create a list of statements as sifters
5. Re-evaluate all expenditures - pass them through the #4 sifter above before agreeing to buy
6. Change where we shop for things
7. Donate functional items to those that can use them
8. Purge, purge, purge
9. Have monthly reviews and discussions - does this thing work? Are we on target?
10. Consider it an adventure. Find ways to make it fun.
Welcome to the Bunny Nest! I host rescued animals in a small in-home setting. Currently, I host 3 bunnies and 2 kitties. These animals will be socialized and housed for the entirety of their lives in my home. They inspire my crafts, and I use any proceeds to pay for their needs. Thanks for visiting!