Thursday, December 30, 2010

Reverb10 - Gift

December 30 – Gift Prompt: Gift. This month, gifts and gift-giving can seem inescapable. What’s the most memorable gift, tangible or emotional, you received this year? (Author: Holly Root)


My most memorable gift this year was stumbling across a new artistic pursuit: Art Journaling. I don't have many reasons to take photographs anymore, but I still wanted to document life. I am an accomplished scrapbooker and teacher, but I needed something to keep me going. Cards and stamping were fun, but they really weren't practical - so few people to write to now days.


I stumbled across art journaling, and quickly found two people I admire - Jonathan Manning (Blade the Artistic Biker) and Paula Phillips (Journal Artista). I watched videos on youtube and was instantly hooked. I met others, I learned from them - I'm still learning. There are over 100 people I've met and learned from so far. 


My memorable gift this year is two-fold and keeps giving: grasping a new set of skills, and all the wonderful relationships that I've built along the way. 


Keep giving!
~ky

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments. Make my day brighter and leave me some love!

Welcome to the Bunny Nest! I host rescued animals in a small in-home setting. Currently, I host 3 bunnies and 2 kitties. These animals will be socialized and housed for the entirety of their lives in my home. They inspire my crafts, and I use any proceeds to pay for their needs. Thanks for visiting!