Friday, July 17, 2009

Unity Hangover and Patrick's Party!

Wow. It's almost time to go back to school. Are your kids excited? I always looked forward to school - in fact, I cried on graduation day because I didn't want to move on! I guess that's also why I got three degrees from college.


I was (and still am) a planner. I had class schedules, homework charts, rewrote notes from class, etc. Today we have names for those sorts of behaviors! Medicines even! I loved covering my books so I could doodle on them in class. So, in honor of all those lucky peeps going back to school, I created this Unity bookplate. These images are from the newest Unity release, Hodge Podge of Happiness. I will run this plate through my Xyron so the adhesive is uniform. You can use removable Xyron adhesive for your kids books, if they still issue them.


Make different ones for your kids. Leave them uncolored so those kids can doodle in class. It's been proven that doodling actually improves lecture retention. Not to mention, that doodling (complete with the dreamy boyfriend names and stuff) becomes perfect for a scrapbook page later!


Recipe: Pebbles white cardstock, SU! patterned paper, border punch and markers.



This is a Patrick Patrol Car birthday card. I LOVE Patrick - he's adaptable to so many uses! Here, I paired him with Gina K's Tickle Your Funny Bone sentiments to make a grumpy old birthday card. PATRICK IS STILL AVAILABLE FROM SUNSHINE'S STAMP CREATIONS FOR FREE!!! Just go visit Sunshine's site for details.


I just love the expression on these owls. They can be thinking so many things! And Gina's sentiment just really makes me laugh! DH does driver's license test-drives, so this has even more meaning for me! I used the Card Positioning System Sketch #124 for this.

Recipe: SU! cardstock (In-Colors 2009), Gina K sentiments, Unity owls, Patrick Patrol Car digital image by Sunshine, Nestabilities Labels 2, American Crafts ribbon, K&Co patterned paper, Copic markers, Michael's rhinestones.


Have a terrific day!


Come back tomorrow for another NEW RELEASE from Sunshine's Stamp Creations!!


Ta for now, ~ky



12 comments:

I adore comments. Make my day brighter and leave me some love!

Welcome to the Bunny Nest! I host rescued animals in a small in-home setting. Currently, I host 3 bunnies and 2 kitties. These animals will be socialized and housed for the entirety of their lives in my home. They inspire my crafts, and I use any proceeds to pay for their needs. Thanks for visiting!