Saturday, July 4, 2009

The Sun is Shining on Lenny Loader!

SUNSHINE STAMP CREATIONS!!
Congratulations on your debut!


Free Smiley Courtesy of www.millan.net


I am honored to be able to present this new company, and serve as a design team member. You know, I once thought digital images were not practical. However, I didn't really take the time to explore their applications. Christina Bower (owner) has some wonderful ideas on digital image flexibility, and I am going to be learning and playing with those ideas later this week.

For now, I just want to show you how easily these images create great masculine cards. I made this card using Lenny Loader (of the Big Builder series). This image can be anything from a boy's birthday to a Father's Day or other celebratory card. Here, I made a card for my husband's birthday.



I love playing with my prismacolor pencils to create scenes for images. This time, I went with a simple background to give Lenny the fullest attention. I used my Flower Soft (Spring mix - from my friend Amy! Thanks!), machine embroidery thread (Coates & Clark) to dress up the border, and heavy weight aluminum foil to glam Lenny up a little. Face it - guys wanna look good too!!


I tilted the card to give you a better look at the dimension added by the flower soft, ribbon and stitching. The sentiment is from My Favorite Things (Can Ya Dig It set), paper is Pebbles cardstock, and Lenny was printed in toner rather than ink (no bleeding).

This is the inside of the card. I made a card pocket by folding up the excess paper rather than cutting it off. This is a versatile card - you can put money, a gift card, or just about anything in it (even some MP3 players could fit!). Here I added some seeds for my husband because he loves to garden. I will probably add a gift card too, so he can buy more soil to expand his garden area.

That's right. Just visit the blog and email Christina for your free image! Sunshine's email is valleysunshine@hotmail.com

Check back often! I will have another project for you later this week using Lenny or his sister Lenora (or maybe both!). I appreciate you stopping by, and I'd love to know what you think of this project. Have a terrific July 4th celebration!

Ta for now, ~ky

10 comments:

  1. wow Ky I love it! :) You did an awesome job! It looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a super job with this image. There are not enough boy images out there. Great work. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ky! i am so sorry I didn't get your blog link on my blog until this morning. I would never intentionally leave your blog off the list. When you upload your post if you could pop me a quick e-mail at valleysunshine@hotmail.com I will upload it asap. So far Lenny is making loads of impact!! You all are doing an awesome job. This card is terrific! I just love it and so does DH!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute! Love it! Perfect for my nephew...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is so cute! I love the pocket inside with seeds. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. awesome............so cute! Love the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments. Make my day brighter and leave me some love!

Welcome to the Bunny Nest! I host rescued animals in a small in-home setting. Currently, I host 3 bunnies and 2 kitties. These animals will be socialized and housed for the entirety of their lives in my home. They inspire my crafts, and I use any proceeds to pay for their needs. Thanks for visiting!