Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Growing in Unity, Day 3!



Wow, this week is flying by! Today I have just a little bit of whimsy for you, Unity style. It's a simple project with tons of flair. I love that Bohemian style of My Mind's Eye paper, coupled with the swooshes from the Growing in Unity set. They just go, ya know?



I stamped the image in Ranger Distress Ink, brushed corduroy (matches up great with the new Suede in-color paper from SU! by the way), distressed around the edges, punched a simple border that echos the paper, stitched it down, popped some beads on a string and a little bling, and there it be!



Your turn!! Leave me a comment (make sure you've commented each day this week) and I'll put your name in my drawing for a free Unity single of your choice!



Ta for now, ~ky

28 comments:

  1. I love how you put this all together! It is very Bohemian. I love it! Your rockin your week in Unity lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I think I have that paper too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this paper too! I absolutely love this card. Beautiful. I am going to have to go dig out my paper and growing with unity and see what I can come up with combining the two! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Love all those colors together. The swooshes are perfect with that DP.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job on the card.. Very nice...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty Ky! I love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that paper Ky! :) This card is fabulous! I love the sewing you did on it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how perfectly the stamp, punch and paper go together. Fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute KY. Love the colors

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very creative Ky - love My Mind's Eye, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that swoosh - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bohemian is right. That stamp and the distressing and the paper = synergy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. loving the beads! Tucking that idea away into the memory bank.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cute! I love that MME paper!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous!!! I just love the colors, layout, and all the details on this card.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card! I love the paper!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really love the colors you used

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great combo of the paper & stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  19. love the buttons, cute touch to the card

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love that stamp as well---goes great with that paper!

    ReplyDelete
  21. love your choice of pp and the way you distressed/sewed the stamped image piece.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very pretty! I like the color combo you used.

    ReplyDelete
  23. love the sewing......its my newest and favoritist technique!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love your distressed edge and the stitching!

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments. Make my day brighter and leave me some love!

Welcome to the Bunny Nest! I host rescued animals in a small in-home setting. Currently, I host 3 bunnies and 2 kitties. These animals will be socialized and housed for the entirety of their lives in my home. They inspire my crafts, and I use any proceeds to pay for their needs. Thanks for visiting!