Monday, July 20, 2009

The Card Time Forgot


Some pretty eye candy here for you before I get into a requested tutorial. I completed this card for Stamp TVs color challenge LAST WEEK, then forgot to post it!! Oh my! This is fairly straightforward, so here's the deets: I embossed the base (Gina K 80 lb) with a Cuttlebug Folder, then cut and embossed the frames (again Gina K 80 lb) with Nestabilities. I stamped Theresa's poinsettia from A Year in Flowers in StazOn on SU! glossy paper.


I colored this image about 10 times (no joke) alternating between my SU! real red marker and Memento lady bug dew drop ink. Between colorings, I would spritz it until the color puddled and let it air dry, then go over it with another coat. This seems pointless, but it really gives a unique depth of color that you can't get with just one coat alone. The sentiment is from Theresa's set, punched with SU! word window. I colored the Gina K Designs Bling and Dazzle Sateen embossed white flowers with a Memento red dew drop, added Hero Arts pearls, popped up on dimensionals over a little SU! patterned paper.


My next post will include that fabby truck Malcolm, and how I use the relatively recent product Smooch by Clearsnap. Check back later on Tuesday!


Hugs!

~ky

2 comments:

  1. Oh, this is a WOW card! Your coloring is brilliant! I love the little pearls in the center. Wish I could take credit for that set; it is my all time favorite by Melanie. :)

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments. Make my day brighter and leave me some love!

Welcome to the Bunny Nest! I host rescued animals in a small in-home setting. Currently, I host 3 bunnies and 2 kitties. These animals will be socialized and housed for the entirety of their lives in my home. They inspire my crafts, and I use any proceeds to pay for their needs. Thanks for visiting!