Monday, October 26, 2009

A little memory and a little color!

Makes a big splash! Each Tuesday, Stamp TV has a scrapbook page challenge. It's always fun, and we always have a great project sample. Here's the one I did for this past week.



{click to enlarge}

These are just a couple pictures from my yard here at the beginning of fall. I love seeing the last few big flowers from my hollyhocks, and freshly picked apples on aspen logs. The smell of the air changes to a crisp, sweet coolness with hints of woodsmoke. Mmmmm....warm apple cider, big pots of stew or chili, warm cuddly sweaters. Heaven to me.




Here's a close up of the chipboard A (for Autumn). I covered it with matching paper, ran it through the cuttlebug in an embossing folder, then spattered it with some copper ink. It's layered over a Spellbinders Fleur De Lis pendant.



I used the Nestabilities rounded rectangles to create the base 2 layers of the journaling block. Then I stamped my Gina K leaves (Melanie Muenchinger's A Year of Leaves) over the Gina K luxury soft sand paper. I embossed the edges with the leaf folder in my cuttlebug. Using the Spellbinder's Fancy and Double Ended tags, I created journaling tags to layer over the journaling base.

Using the same stamp set, I cut out some leaves to scatter on the layout. I also used Holiday Greetings (Gina K Stamp TV set) to stamp the circle in the center of the layout. I hope you've enjoyed stopping by today.

Ta for now! ~ky

Recipe: Basic Grey Dasher and Fruitcake; Gina K luxury Soft Sand and Gold cardstock; Making Memories brads, other items listed above.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice Ky! Love it. the details as always are beautifully done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I love those fall colors!

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments. Make my day brighter and leave me some love!

Welcome to the Bunny Nest! I host rescued animals in a small in-home setting. Currently, I host 3 bunnies and 2 kitties. These animals will be socialized and housed for the entirety of their lives in my home. They inspire my crafts, and I use any proceeds to pay for their needs. Thanks for visiting!