Friday, July 16, 2010

CHAPTER 22: Dancing under the Sea...

"Will you walk a little faster?" said the whiting to the snail;
"There's a porpoise right behind us and he's treading on my tail!
See how eagerly the lobsters and the turtles all advance!
They are waiting on the shingle, will you come and join the dance?
Will you, won't you, will you, won't you-WILL you join the dance?"
Hello everyone! Greetings from here in Wonderland...or maybe today it's UNDERland? As in Under the Sea, perhaps ;)So, today's challenge involves all things sea-worthy and we at Oh, Alice are challenging YOU to create a card or project using sea life! Turtles, whales, dolphins are fabulous as are other sea creatures as in merfolk and those deep, dark creatures you sometimes hear about but seldom see.... the possibilities are as endless as the ocean itself!

We also have a FUN prize for you this week! One lucky winner will receive a Sweet Pea Rubber Stamp courtesy of Oh, Alice! These stamps are large and BEAUTIFULLY detailed and we just happened to have one 'swimmin' around!' Will YOU be the lucky winner? ;)


Here is my sample. She's comprised of a lot of technical work, bundled into a very small size. I really used my gem-viewing glasses for this:



I used Ching-Chou Kuik's Silk Dance stamp. I started with Ranger Distress inks, and stamped my Silk Dance over it. Then I filled in the areas of the mermaid with titanium white acrylic paint. I highlighted areas with Smooch, gold. Here's a little different shot:



When you use Copic markers over acrylic paints, it takes a lot longer to dry. There's lots of time to "push" ink around, so it can look like watercolors when you wiggle markers or dot them along. I loved experimenting and learning with my adorable Sweet Pea stamps! This is an Artist Trading Card, 2.5 x 3.5 inches.

Be sure to upload your card or creation on the Oh Alice! challenge blog! You have until Friday, July 23rd at 8pm CST to enter the challenge, so have fun and we'll see you back next week! Enter your submission to be considered for the prize! If you are uploading to a public gallery, be sure to include keyword OAC22. Thanks and enjoy the summer, sun, and sea!

Ta for now! ~ky

11 comments:

  1. What a WONDERful technique! So artistic! Beautiful ATC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks awesome Ky! LOVE it!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like a masterpiece painting! Absolutely beautiful Ky!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! This TOTALLY looks like a masterpiece painting- I agree! BEAUTIFUL! What awesome techniques you are finding these days! Love seeing them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool.... I love that it has the look being an oil or acrylic painting. Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, what a fabulously gorgeous creation! Very cool technique! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ky, those smooch paints make this shimmering beauty gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW Ky this looks UHMAZING!!!!
    Kristy xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. AH-MAZ-ZING!!! Beyond wow. Would love to know how to do this

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is stunning Ky - i love the image it beautiful
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments. Make my day brighter and leave me some love!

Welcome to the Bunny Nest! I host rescued animals in a small in-home setting. Currently, I host 3 bunnies and 2 kitties. These animals will be socialized and housed for the entirety of their lives in my home. They inspire my crafts, and I use any proceeds to pay for their needs. Thanks for visiting!