Friday, July 9, 2010

Big News!!

The big release day is here!! Congrats to my Stamping Idol, Shannon, on the release of her new stamp line!! Woohoo you go girl!! I love these new images. They are unlike anything I've ever seen before - bold, modern, manly! And the sentiments that go with them? Divine, flirty, smart!

I'm so happy that Shannon asked me to help promote her new line. Digital stamps have such interesting possibilities! Here, check out my project:

{click to enlarge, yes, that's a kitty butt}

I printed this out and colored it up with my Copic markers. I love how there's enough to color, if you want, and it's design is great if you want to keep it simple and straight. I created a background paper to bring in the sea and sun using Ranger's distress inks, and some glimmermist from Tattered Angels. Love doing that!

Simple accents, some twine, some texture - this will be my Dad's birthday card. You remember those guys, right? Think maybe they don't appreciate stuff like this? Have you ever sent flowers to a man, and hid around the corner watching? Sent my Dad some carnations one year when I couldn't be home for his birthday. I figured he'd "poo-poo" them and they would just default to Mom....welllll...she called me later when he was out mowing, and told me he snipped one of those carnations off and wore it in the buttonhole of his shirt to have coffee with his buddies. Had I been home when he got those? Well, the male ego is a fragile thing!

Alrighty - enough rambling. Pop over to Shannon's blog or store to check out the other things she has and her opening special! And, don't forget to visit Mary to see her awesomeness!! Yay Shannon!!!

Ta for now! ~ky

3 comments:

  1. Nice stamps, and I love our background paper! I, too, love using Distress Ink and Glimmer Mist. Love the added twine and embellishment, too; they complete this card beautifully. What a special Dad you have! I sent my DH flowers at work years ago, and he hid them in the back room, lol! Happy Weekend and Creating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG girlie!!!!!!!! I love what you did with this image. Thanks for being with me on this crazy adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is fabulous Ky, love the colour combo and that image is amazing
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments. Make my day brighter and leave me some love!

Welcome to the Bunny Nest! I host rescued animals in a small in-home setting. Currently, I host 3 bunnies and 2 kitties. These animals will be socialized and housed for the entirety of their lives in my home. They inspire my crafts, and I use any proceeds to pay for their needs. Thanks for visiting!