Friday, November 13, 2009

FFF, FWF Anyway you spell it, It's FUN!

Welcome to another Friday Friends with Flair! Woohoo!! We're having a ton of fun this weekend!!

It's time for another Virtual Stamp Night over on Splitcoast! Come join us for a Masquerade Ball tonight and all day tomorrow! We will have prizes, challenges, great chatting and lots of fun! You're going to have a chance to try new techniques, meet other fun stampers and get great ideas for more projects!

Second, Operation Write Home (formerly Cards for Heros) is hosting a 75-blog hop on Saturday. It will begin at noon Pacific time. Just click the picture to go to their site!





Here's my FFF project for this week. Our unofficial theme was to use embossing. Remember, Angela has lots going on with Unity and Ippity - so check her blogs!! And be on the look-out for that hidden blinkie for your chance at free stamps! I'm soooo excited that Donna Downey has a Unity set!!! Squeal!!!



{click to enlarge}

This card was made for our US soldiers stationed abroad. It will be mailed to Operation Write Home for use as a Valentine's card! I just adore this owl! Here's an inside view!


{click to enlarge}

I also used a cuttlebug folder (Forest Branches) to emboss the lower half of the card. The image is colored with Copic markers. I used Basic Grey paper for the sentiment and inside decoration.

Hope you've enjoyed your stop. Next you're off to Maria's blog!

Ta for now! ~ky

24 comments:

  1. Adorable card! Love your border on the inside! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Ky, I love the swirl flourish "ribbon". It is so cool! I love the embossing too! Great job. Beautiful colors! Thanks for doing the unofficial theme! Next week is FLOWERS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable card Ky! Love all your little details...fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card! Love the pinky goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gotta LOVE that owl!! Gorgeous card Ky!! I love it!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Lovely card, love that Owl, he is so cute.
    Love Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card. Thank you so much for sharing. I love your blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute owl!

    Your link for the next post is pointing to a different blog than the OWH site has listed after yours. I heard there was a problem with link emails. Might want to check.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a heartening venture. Here in Canada, the painting guild I belong to also creates and sends cards for our troops. They range from painted, thru to stamped and embossed cards in every style imaginable and are received with great appreciation. It's such a little thing we can do for our heroes!

    ~ Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  10. That owl is adorable!! Great card :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I owlways love your stuff Ky!! Cute card... love the sweet pink!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW, what a very cute card. TFS!

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments. Make my day brighter and leave me some love!

Welcome to the Bunny Nest! I host rescued animals in a small in-home setting. Currently, I host 3 bunnies and 2 kitties. These animals will be socialized and housed for the entirety of their lives in my home. They inspire my crafts, and I use any proceeds to pay for their needs. Thanks for visiting!