Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Queen of Everything


This was FUN. Some of you know I've been having a rough time lately, and I thought I'd forgotten how to STAMP! Oh my!! But... I got back in the studio for just a bit today, and indeed, it was like riding a bike. You never really forget how.

This card was inspired by my kitty, Scrap. She has been reminding me over the past few days about how she is the sun, and we are the planets. She is, as she so plainly stated, QUEEN OF EVERYTHING. C'mon Mom!! Get that machine thingy off MY lap! I wanna lay on you and be worshipped and drool and purr and important stuff like that. NOW. [Can you relate??]

I'm really enjoying my copic class. I'm looking forward to being able to color like an adult instead of like I'm in kindergarten. Heck - there are some kids that can color better than me! I like how this one turned out, however.

Have I mentioned how much I love this line of stamps? This is Maigan Lynn's line of mermaids by Queen Kat Designs. This is part of the fantasy collection, and is featured on the Whimsical Ink Sorority. You should be checking this stuff out, you know.

Alrighty - I should go. The QUEEN is calling me...

Ta for now, ~ky

Recipe: Gina K cardstock (green apple), SU cardstock (pink pirouette), Basic Grey patterned paper, QKD Mad Hatter stamp, Cat's Pajamas sentiment, Offray ribbon, Gina K flower, Robin's Nest dew drop, Cuttlebug flower embossing folder, Memento Dew Drop and tuxedo black inks, Copic markers, and dimensional adhesive.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, my! We adopted a cat a month ago, and I swear that you just described MY cat! He's definitely the king of the mansion around here!

    As for your coloring, I think it's beautiful - fabby card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! No cards for ages and them BAM! What a terrific card! You have out done yourself. Love it. So colorful and bright...how are the war wounds healing up? Kitty Kings are not to be messed with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Ky this card is absolutely stunning! This looks so incredible! Definitely jaw dropping! You are so talented hun! {hugs} love ya! :)

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments. Make my day brighter and leave me some love!

Welcome to the Bunny Nest! I host rescued animals in a small in-home setting. Currently, I host 3 bunnies and 2 kitties. These animals will be socialized and housed for the entirety of their lives in my home. They inspire my crafts, and I use any proceeds to pay for their needs. Thanks for visiting!