Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Oh Deer - Thank You

Our weather is somewhere between summer and spring. We have freezing nights, warm days, no rain, a flood, and most of my outdoor plants are confused about whether they should flower or not.


I thought I would make a card that is summer (flowers) and fall (colorful trees). This set is just so flexible. So clean, so easy to mask and wonderful to just add accents. It doesn't require a lot of coloring, in fact, you can use this set without coloring at all.


Another favorite accent I love to do is side-punching. Did you notice it? It's really easy. I drew a very light pencil line across the card, lined it up with the middle of the Envelope Punch Board punch, and, well, punched it! Super simple. It's a great way to make sure your twine or ribbons don't slide around. This card is great for anytime of the year, but just think how perfect it will be for Thanksgiving and all your fall correspondence! And, hello, masculine cards!

I love it. Love love love this set. Ok, I wasn't gonna show this today, but I totally am. Just because I can feel you twisting my arm. I said you can use this without coloring at all - right? And you got a little squirmy at the thought? Check this out:

Sale-A-Bration Perfectly Artistic double-sided paper
This is an ATC (artist trading card). I love making them for 2 reasons: The ATC sleeves are perfect for tucking a little treat into and giving away on a whim. They act like a business card for you (just put your info on the back) and a sweet piece of art for them. And the second reason? THEY ARE PERFECT center pieces of a card. Boom! Make an ATC, stick it on a card, add a few embellishments - DONE.

I hope I've inspired you to play. The products I've used are listed below. They link right to my store. Remember: It's Sale-A-Bration time. If you spend $50 you get to pick a free item from the Sale-A-Bration catalog - those items cannot be bought! This beautiful marble-swirl paper? SAB! I also am giving away the Tin of Cards kit to the first $50 (pre-tax and shipping) customer!


Have a blessed day!
~ky


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


2 comments:

  1. Love the punching on the deer card. Looks very nice. I love doing "scene" cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super sweet cards. I just got an envelope punch board! Stop enabling me please.

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments. Make my day brighter and leave me some love!

Welcome to the Bunny Nest! I host rescued animals in a small in-home setting. Currently, I host 3 bunnies and 2 kitties. These animals will be socialized and housed for the entirety of their lives in my home. They inspire my crafts, and I use any proceeds to pay for their needs. Thanks for visiting!