Thursday, February 15, 2018

Olympic Mania

It's an Olympic year! I love the Olympics! Each one is fraught with its own drama, sometimes it's the athletes, sometimes it's the venue construction, often it's the coming together with most of the politics and nationality issues set aside for 2 weeks. I love to see those athletes who look out for one another. Those that cheer and even cry for people competing against them.

There's a lot of swirling and twirling in the Olympics. Lots of people flinging themselves and each other around a frozen sheet of ice with razors for feet. People are insanely flinging themselves down windy, frozen slopes with thin boards on their feet. Insane because they have to scoot out in a wind that would do its own dance with their light, lithe bodies just to voluntarily throw themselves down.

Somewhere a volcano is crying over no bodies being sacrificed to quench their hunger.

In anticipation of these swirling, crazy, death defying events, I put together a little tutorial to help you let out some pent-up need to spin. It's daring. It's potentially life-changing (especially if you have light colored carpet).


See? The wind just blows her little skirt around. She could be wearing skates - we just don't know. But she has an umbrella so maybe she's performing a skit on ice? You can write her story.



You can bet she has a great mani-pedi. I mean, with a designer dress like that... 
The Beautiful You stamp set is packed with great images and sentiments.
Thank you for stopping by. I do hope you're enjoying the Olympics. Tell me what your favorite sport is, what best moment you've seen so far, who you're pulling hard for. I'd love to know!

Ta for now,
~ky

Supplies:
Beautiful You stamp set
Whisper white cardstock
Random nail polish
Disposable water tray
Coffee stir stick
Paper towels
Gloves (optional)


5 comments:

  1. Aloha Kyra! I've never been here before and so glad to find you! And I've never heard of polish dropped onto the water to create marble --turned out so beautifully! Love how you cut the strips as well as paper pieced her dress. Lots of love and thank you for the tutorial video ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks,sweet Rosy! Lydia gets credit for the card design. She shared it with us at a retreat a few years back. I'm so glad this little moment brought you joy!

      Delete
  2. this was awesome to watch! thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome, Vicki! Please share if you use this tutorial. I'd love to see what you create!

      Delete
  3. Love the intensity of the color. Nice video

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments. Make my day brighter and leave me some love!

Welcome to the Bunny Nest! I host rescued animals in a small in-home setting. Currently, I host 3 bunnies and 2 kitties. These animals will be socialized and housed for the entirety of their lives in my home. They inspire my crafts, and I use any proceeds to pay for their needs. Thanks for visiting!