Thursday, April 10, 2014

Spring Zephyr

One of my favorite parts of Winnie the Pooh was the windstorm he and Piglet were caught up in. Rather than it being Winds-day, Owl explained it was just a mere spring zephyr. Today was very much like that, except it was Thursday, and there was no Piglet, Pooh or Owl. Just this adorable bunneh who came to play with me today.


Isn't he stinking cute!?! I colored him a bit coarsely to give him a rustic and battered appearance - kind of like how I feel fighting the wind all day. Our theme this week for the Mix-abilities challenge is spring/Easter themed. Definitely reflective of our spring weather! You should come play - it's easy!


He's got a whole party of balloons whisking him off through the trees, well above the grass, and almost into the clouds. I think I could write a while story from this card! Let me tell you some of the details.

I split the patterned paper to give a hint of going out a window. I sponged distress ink through a stencil so the yellow panel has part of the branch showing. I tinted some modeling paste with the same ink, and pressed it through the stencil over the patterned paper, then outlined it so it would stand out a little.

I cut the grass from GKD cardstock, and the clouds from Mother of Pearl cardstock, also by Gina K. It's so shimmery and perfect in real life. I colored the images with my Copic markers, and added little highlights on the balloons with white acrylic paint. The sentiment is from the same Mama Elephant set (Up and Away), and I die cut the banner using my SU! flip card kit. The balloons and bunneh are popped up with foam.

By the way, there's a fun challenge over on the Mama Elephant blog that you should check out. Prize is a spot on the design team. Squeee!!

AAANNNDDD I forgot to mention I'm also playing the CCEE Stampers challenge to use a bunneh or an egg or both. Fun challenge!

So that's how this day went, and how this card came about. I'm so glad you stopped by today. I know you're busy, and I really appreciate your time. Have a great day!

Ta for now,
~ky


1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness I love it Ky...My grkids would love it too.They all are a big fan of pooh and friends:)I love the way to made this layout..Perfect:)XO

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments. Make my day brighter and leave me some love!

Welcome to the Bunny Nest! I host rescued animals in a small in-home setting. Currently, I host 3 bunnies and 2 kitties. These animals will be socialized and housed for the entirety of their lives in my home. They inspire my crafts, and I use any proceeds to pay for their needs. Thanks for visiting!