Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Midweek Throwdown at OWH

Hey y'all - I'm here for a chance to plug my FAVORITE card service - Operation Write Home. If you're not familiar with them, they coordinate getting hand-crafted greeting cards to our overseas service members who don't have the luxury of a store to buy cards to send home to their family. It's pretty awesome! I'm thrilled to be featured in the Midweek Throwdown!

Here's my card. I love making little scenes and this stamp set is from Gina K Designs using Nina Brackett's Special Fathers stamp set. I created the sky and water using Theresa Momber's amazing sponging tutorials, and colored the rest with Copic markers. The papers are from Authentique's Genuine collection, a few white brads, and Gina K's awesome Pure Luxury cardstock. The fabric ribbon is a piece from my stash.

I hope you'll take a minute to explore the OWH blog - there are so many ways to be involved even if you're not a crafter. Thanks for taking a moment to stop by today - I love having you here!

Ta for now,

~ky

3 comments:

  1. This is a very beautiful card and goes to an awesome place.You did great on this sponging the scene.I love the way it turned out.Over the top gorgeous.XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratualtions for being the featured cardmaker at this weeks Throwdown ! Your card is beautiful. I like everything about it, but I especially like that fun fabric ribbon !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, Kyra. I love the color scheme. You did a great job with the coloring. Great work!!

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments. Make my day brighter and leave me some love!

Welcome to the Bunny Nest! I host rescued animals in a small in-home setting. Currently, I host 3 bunnies and 2 kitties. These animals will be socialized and housed for the entirety of their lives in my home. They inspire my crafts, and I use any proceeds to pay for their needs. Thanks for visiting!