Friday, April 20, 2012

Up to my elbows in Color!

Hey all - I'm in Milwaukee taking the amazing Copic Certification classes from the talented Debbie Olson! I am so thankful that I finally was able to take the classes. I hope to be teaching soon!



I made this cute bookmark for a friend who's kiddo loves to read. I mean, how cute is that! I am going to need to make another one for me! I used Tami Mayberry's Fairy Tales set, by Gina K Designs. I paper pieced the frog and crown, used punched hearts for little flowers, and layered punched branches over crocheted and velvet ribbons. The crown is covered in Sakura Star Dust pens for a gorgeous, camera-unfriendly sparkle. I used the Corner Bookmark tutorial from Splitcoast Stampers as the template.

I hope this project brings a little smile. I will have a twist on this theme in the near future, and I'm really excited about it. Now, go out and have a fantastic weekend!

Ta for now,
♥ ~ky


No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments. Make my day brighter and leave me some love!

Welcome to the Bunny Nest! I host rescued animals in a small in-home setting. Currently, I host 3 bunnies and 2 kitties. These animals will be socialized and housed for the entirety of their lives in my home. They inspire my crafts, and I use any proceeds to pay for their needs. Thanks for visiting!