Wednesday, February 8, 2012

OWH Virtual Card Making Party

While Sandy's gone with the cruisers to the Caribbean on the first-ever OWH cruise, we're partying here at home! I was asked to submit a card as a sample for one of the challenges over on OWH's blog. The challenge is Sand and Sea: Blues and Tans. 



Sea and sand always puts me in mind of the turquoise of the Mediterranean Sea where I learned to swim, so I adjusted my palette accordingly. I love this recent stamp set by Tami Mayberry, Gnome One Like You, through Gina K Designs. 



This card folds down, and the curly clip on the side holds it closed. I love how easy it is to make great 'insides' on cards, and so funny!

I hope you'll take some time to play this week. You can join the challenges (there are 2 posted each day of the cruise) anytime between now and Feb 11. Winners will be drawn Sunday, the 12th, after Sandy gets back home from the cruise. You must post your entry on Operation Write Home's page (not here). We're giving away her whole stash of blog candy! LOL Have some fun, and share your creativity with our soldiers deployed overseas.

Thanks for stopping by!
♥ ~ky

Supplies:
Gnome One Like You stamp set, Gina K Designs
Ink, Memento Tuxedo Black 
Cardstock, Gina K Designs pure luxury (Kraft, Ivory)
Patterned Paper, Basic Grey, Max and Whiskers
Die cuts, Sizzix Sizzlits Festive Greenery
Coloring, Copic markers, Prismacolor pencils with Odorless Mineral Spirits
Ribbon, Twine, Gina K Designs edge stitched tan, Twinery Caribbean and Cappuccino
Misc red metallic nailheads, a boxer clip, and an old heart button from my stash

2 comments:

  1. Thanks again for creating this great sample Kyra. I'm glad you're enjoying the party!

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments. Make my day brighter and leave me some love!

Welcome to the Bunny Nest! I host rescued animals in a small in-home setting. Currently, I host 3 bunnies and 2 kitties. These animals will be socialized and housed for the entirety of their lives in my home. They inspire my crafts, and I use any proceeds to pay for their needs. Thanks for visiting!