Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Cute But Dangerous

That sums up this stamp set! Welcome back to my blog! I picked up these adorable images from Fleurette's store, Inkon3. Check them out:


Totally adorable, am I right? As much as I love these for card making, I really adored the idea of giving them their own world! I started with an acrylic paint background (titanium buff), then layered over several shades of blues (Dina Wakley's colors) through various stencils.


I followed the same pattern with the lower green areas. I stamped random text over the sky and grass using Archival Inks.


I stamped all the pieces and colored them. You'll note the Ellen Hutson flowers. They are from Rustic Botanicals by Julie Ebersole. So stinking cute!! Her set was provided to Understand Blue Unwind attendees. If you haven't gone to a UBlue event, you really should.

Although these adorable dragons come with dies, I wanted clean dark edges, so I cut them out by hand. I find that activity very zen. I also cut out rocks using Tim Holtz's cobblestone die and created little spaces for the flowers and mushrooms.


And how cute is that little fire! There are two little faces that you can choose for it. I love this one, and debated putting googly eyes on it, but I decided to just leave them be. All of the dragons are shimmery with Wink of Stella. I mean, they're magic so why not!

To tie the whole page together, I painted a crisp black border, highlighted with white Gelly Roll pen lines and gold embossing paste through a Dylusions stencil.


Here's the whole page. I really love how it turned out - I added text bubbles and pencil shading to add interest and dimension. I'm so glad you stopped by today and I hope this page brought you a smile. I hope you're inspired to get this set and start creating today!

Ta for now,
~ky

5 comments:

  1. WOW!!! The detail and color and everything. I had to scroll up and look at the images several times because I love them so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How stinking SWEEEEEEET! Yes, I LOVE it! What a beautiful mind to create such prettiness! Love the extra tiny little dots and doodles here and there, the shimmery finish and that it isn't a card but more of artwork/keepsake!!! TFS for the inspiration, Kyra!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just absolutely enchanting and delightful!

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments. Make my day brighter and leave me some love!

Welcome to the Bunny Nest! I host rescued animals in a small in-home setting. Currently, I host 3 bunnies and 2 kitties. These animals will be socialized and housed for the entirety of their lives in my home. They inspire my crafts, and I use any proceeds to pay for their needs. Thanks for visiting!