Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Texture Pressing

Have you ever wanted a way to add texture to your project? Have you longed for a way to get a stamp image you love into a tangible texture? Well you can and I made a tutorial just for you!

Texture Pressing



There are so many fun ways to apply this technique. You can do the simple, just press it with ink and apply it to your project.

Images from SU! Awesomely Artistic Set

You can apply it with a huge background stamp to make a big, bold statement and focal point for your card. 

Images from SU! Swallowtail and Rose Wonder Sets
I really wish I could hand you this card. This butterfly - which I have loved from the very first glimpse - is simply stunning with the rough texture of the spackle showing through the fine lines of the stamp. Wow! 


You can also use your stamps with other textural pastes and creams. I pressed this image in two ways - I inked it up and made several sets to slice up, and I left it nekkid and pressed it into Viva Gold Modeling Cream then sliced it up. 

Images from SU! Awesomely Artistic and Rose Wonder Sets
So there ya have it - a new way to play. Did you get some stamps from Santa? Did you get moolah? You need to play! Give this a whirl and let me know what you create by uploading it to the SCS in the Texture Pressing gallery! I know you're gonna make something stunning!

Have fun!
~ky

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments. Make my day brighter and leave me some love!

Welcome to the Bunny Nest! I host rescued animals in a small in-home setting. Currently, I host 3 bunnies and 2 kitties. These animals will be socialized and housed for the entirety of their lives in my home. They inspire my crafts, and I use any proceeds to pay for their needs. Thanks for visiting!