Thursday, June 18, 2015

Rainy Days at the Beach

Hello dear friends!

It's my week to host the Mix-Abilities challenge. This time, I picked a new technique to try. It's a variation on other things, but with all this rain from Tropical Storm Bill (and previous storms) I needed a mental break. The beach is calling me!


I placed a number of small stones collected from my travels on a piece of Mixed Media paper made by Canson. I really loved the texture this stone spray imparted. It feels just like granules of sand. 


After removing the stones, you have cool little empty spaces. I'm going to try this again with a different color of base cardstock. I added some vellum with iridescent flecks. I stamped the anchor and the sentiment with Archival ink using the Guy Greetings stamp set (SU!). I added some bakers twine and copper eyelets to secure the vellum.

I just got back from the most AWESOME stampers retreat. Lydia of Understand Blue hosted 20 or so of us at a ranch outside of Austin for a weekend. We had so much fun! You really should keep an eye out for the next one. Remember, what happens on retreat stays...

Ta for now!

~ky

Join my Stampin' Up team and get a discount on your supplies until Christmas. You don't have to even hold one class! No arm-twisting your friends! Ask me how!

You can place your order online, have the packaged shipped straight to you, and I don't need to handle your credit card. >ORDER NOW


No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments. Make my day brighter and leave me some love!

Welcome to the Bunny Nest! I host rescued animals in a small in-home setting. Currently, I host 3 bunnies and 2 kitties. These animals will be socialized and housed for the entirety of their lives in my home. They inspire my crafts, and I use any proceeds to pay for their needs. Thanks for visiting!