Sunday, July 28, 2013

Dare You!

It's that fabulous time of year again. Preseason football stuff is starting, baseball is heating up, the final Major of the year is approaching for tennis... Can you tell I'm a bit into sports? Yep!

It's also a fantastic time to be a member of Splitcoast Stampers! Each year they throw a big party with oodles of cool challenges that lasts a week. All the member companies join in the fun providing prizes for those who play. It's AWESOME! It's also a little bit secretive. I can't give away the challenges, but I will be posting some of my work. You can learn about becoming a member - Click Here.


In the meantime - take a look at our unofficial mascot. Yep, that's Buddy and Tinker (left). Buddy was all over the Dare To Get Dirty. He started building an annex to the ArtLab Studio. Hee hee! I just love all that dirt, and Tinker seems to be saying she's not involved, hasn't provided any cheering, and could be whistling with a big though bubble: 'I don't see nuthin!'

Here's a little project I did last week as a warm up for DTGD. It's part of the Mix-Ability challenges hosted by Splitcoast Stampers and I'm on that team. I love working with those creative ladies, and enjoy seeing all the wonderful creations of the 'newbies' to mixed-media art.


This is a House Mouse image and I colored it up with Copic markers. The background print is an ombre application of Distress Inks through a Heidi Swapp stencil. I hope you'll come play at Splitcoast even if you aren't doing the challenges. It's a great place to meet people, learn some new stuff, get inspired, and make new friends.

See ya soon!!
~ky

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments. Make my day brighter and leave me some love!

Welcome to the Bunny Nest! I host rescued animals in a small in-home setting. Currently, I host 3 bunnies and 2 kitties. These animals will be socialized and housed for the entirety of their lives in my home. They inspire my crafts, and I use any proceeds to pay for their needs. Thanks for visiting!