Friday, July 1, 2011

Independence Weekend!

Wow - where has this year gone? I guess I shouldn't complain. It's July 1, and we haven't cracked 100 yet (or been too warm much at all). Here's a little something to stir your muse.

{click to enlarge}

So, this set shows you how the same products, design and placements can dramatically alter a card. The card above was put together with no distressing, and no textural elements.

{click to enlarge}

This card is the same with the addition of distressing to the horizontal patterned paper, and a different edging on the border. The ribbon treatment is a little less flamboyant as well.

{click to enlarge}
This card returns the flamboyant ribbon, uses the distressed edges on the patterned paper, and adds a different textured border along with a little stencil work. I will be teaching these techniques in an at-your-own-pace, video class soon.

Thanks so much for stopping by - I hope you have a great celebratory weekend (Independence and Canada Days). See you soon!

♥ky

2 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous set of cards, love all the different styles/touches on them. I really like the distressed look of the stenciling on the 3rd card, too...and of course, you KNOW I love that sentiment!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All are awesome! I think I really like the distressed one with the stenciling and foofoo bow, love combos like that! :D

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments. Make my day brighter and leave me some love!

Welcome to the Bunny Nest! I host rescued animals in a small in-home setting. Currently, I host 3 bunnies and 2 kitties. These animals will be socialized and housed for the entirety of their lives in my home. They inspire my crafts, and I use any proceeds to pay for their needs. Thanks for visiting!