Saturday, September 4, 2010

Feeling Inspired?

Hello all my friends! I know you're a Unity Addict because you are here - and because you're an addict, you know the best value in stamps is continually brought to you from Unity! 



This week, we have an inspiration challenge for you! This interesting photo has tons of neat components that you can draw from. You could use the colors, the arched doorway, the plants, the hanging flags...you could be clever and "dream up" what the building's purpose is and make a project along those lines. There are lots of options!



This is my little project, inspired by the photo. I loved the colors (which I didn't exactly have in my inks) and the rustic construction (see the cinder blocks on the side?). I pondered what this building was - a home that doubled as a worship site? I love the church bells! Hmmm. So that's kind of the thinking behind the tag.

I used one of my Tim Holtz texture fades on a #13 tag, and distress inks to approximate the building colors. I used the Ippity set, What Matters Most, with Memento Tuxedo Black ink for the images. I added gems from my IRock collection (did I mention that I ♥ this tool?), a felt flower from Papertrey Ink's die cuts, and some ribbon, button and fiber to top it off.

I hope you like my little project. It's so nice to finally have access to more of my supplies. Oh - I received the latest shipment of Ippity stamp sets, so you know I can supply your needs! I'll be posting images and prices soon!

Now - off you go. Check out the rest of the team's projects, and then link your inspired piece back to the All Things Unity blog by midnight Sept 18. Enjoy!!

Ta for now, ~ky

4 comments:

  1. AMAZING! You really captured the inspiration pic in your tag-SO creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did an amazing job, and I love how you explain your thinking behind it. I'm really going to have to check out the iRock tool

    ReplyDelete
  3. ky, this is awesome!! i love the process you went through to get this sweet tag!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOOOOVE that texture--and these colors are FAB! Love love love seeing how you took this challenge:) Super fun tag!! Great job, KY!

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments. Make my day brighter and leave me some love!

Welcome to the Bunny Nest! I host rescued animals in a small in-home setting. Currently, I host 3 bunnies and 2 kitties. These animals will be socialized and housed for the entirety of their lives in my home. They inspire my crafts, and I use any proceeds to pay for their needs. Thanks for visiting!