Saturday, February 20, 2010

Alice Gets Glammed!

CHAPTER ONE: DOWN THE RABBIT HOLE: THE BEGINNING...



The White Rabbit put on his spectacles. "Where shall I begin, please your Majesty?" he asked.

"Begin at the beginning," the King said gravely, "and go on till you come to the end: then stop."


ALICE GETS GLAM: INSPIRATION CHALLENGE


In anticipation of the upcoming Tim Burton remake, let's GET GLAM with Alice! Jessica recently scored this UBER fab makeup palette by Urban Decay and fell in love with the awesome colors, the NAMES of the eyeshadows (all after Alice, of course ;) and the pop-up mushroom mirror!


We wanna see how YOU get Glam using this amazing little piece as your inspiration! Show us your style, put on the glitz, and GET GLAM!

And WHAT would our first Challenge be without a PRIZE?! Now, normally we'll be (hopefully) sponsored on the 1st Sat. of each month, but for today's FIRST Fall Down the Rabbit Hole, we thought we'd give away a little something! ONE LUCKY WINNER will be chosen at Random to WIN a stamp single of their choice from THE GREETING FARM (in stock items only). So, GOOD LUCK and here's how to play:

You have until FRIDAY, February 26, 2010 at 10pm CST to upload your card or project using the above inspiration photo as your muse! Upload to your blog or public gallery (please use keyword OAC1, using the letter 'O', not the number) and LINK your name Mr. Linky on the Oh Alice blog! We can't WAIT to see your creations and THANK YOU for your support of this CURIOUS new venture!


{click to enlarge}

I used the polished stone technique to create the metallic/marble background, and paper pieced Ms. Alice sitting on her toadstool. Stickles add some bling to the glamorous setting along with the rhinestones, rich gold embossing and fabulous May Arts fabric ribbon fit for the queen {OFF WITH HER HEAD!}. I hung a charm and a marble polished stone from a charm pin for a little more interest.

On a side note, I have brand new ippity stamps for sale, and 5 new ribbons from May Arts!

I cannot WAIT to see what you find down the rabbit hole! Be sure to head back to Oh Alice's blog and check out the other projects we've created just for you!

Cool runnings ~ peace be the journey. Ta for now ~ky

18 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Kyra! Love your image.
    Kristy xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this! The polished stone and charm are so very pretty for this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ky this is stunning! The colours are beautiful and i love the sentiment
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I love that background paper! Gorgeous! and the image is perfect! I love it :)

    hugs, margie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yikes, Ky, where did you get that image???? She's colored up to perfection, and the polished stone background is amazing!!! I LOVE it all!

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. What up girl!! This turned out FABULOUS! I love the ribbon and charms! Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just gorgeous Ky!! Love the background you created!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh! This is so fun! I love the gold bow... just perfect! Gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oooh..this is so gorgeous Kyra!! LOVE it!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am SO excited for this day=I can't believe it took me all day to get here and comment but I guess I've had some technical difficulties LOL! gORGEOUS card, Ky! WOW! Love it and I'm SO glad you're here w/ us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ky what a super pretty card! I love the paper piecing on the beautiful image. I also really like the earthier colors tha you used from the pallete and the pop of gold ribbon for the spaklie shadows.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning! I just love the background you created and the ribbon is so decadent! Great image and paper piecing. Love the charms! Fab!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is just gorgeous Ky. Love that image, the pretty bow and all the bling. Gorgeous card!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OH YAY!!!! I'm so glad you turned her into an Alice! It fits perfectly! :) Well done Kyra! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments. Make my day brighter and leave me some love!

Welcome to the Bunny Nest! I host rescued animals in a small in-home setting. Currently, I host 3 bunnies and 2 kitties. These animals will be socialized and housed for the entirety of their lives in my home. They inspire my crafts, and I use any proceeds to pay for their needs. Thanks for visiting!