Pages

Monday, January 4, 2010

H{ippity} H{ippity} Hop!

It's amazing how quickly a little change can make Mondays so much better! I look forward to Mondays now, because I get a whole bunch of inspiration and eye candy from all the {ippity} fans! Be sure to visit everyone on the list by starting at the {ippity} blog!

I made a really simple birthday card. I wanted something grown-up enough for my son (turning 17!!), masculine in color, but with just a hint of playfulness. This is what I came up with:



{click to enlarge}

I used Gina K pure luxury In the Navy base weight, Basic Grey Nook & Pantry cupcakes (fun!), Gina K pure luxury sweet corn cardstock, Memento Paris Dusk ink, Ranger scattered straw distressing ink, Offray ribbon, Basic Grey bling, Cuttlebug Swiss dot embossing folder and Spellbinders Labels 1 dies.

I hope you find a lot of little treasures along the hop. Don't forget - new {ippity} sets will be out in February!! I can hardly wait! Click here to go back to the {ippity} blog.

Cool runnings ~ peace be the journey!  ~ky

23 comments:

  1. great CAS card. love the strip of cupcake dp with the HB image!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! Great use of the HB image!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cardstock colors you used - very masculine! Great birthday card :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, I am sure he will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ky this is awesome!! I love how the Birthday sentiment fits so well into the nesties! And the strip of cupcakes is perfect!! I love Monday's too!! Yeah for H{ippity} Hops!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect card for your son! Wow 17 huh? Tell him Happy Birthday! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really, really cute...love the Cupcake paper you used!

    ReplyDelete
  8. great use of the stamp as a plaque for the focus! love those little cupcakes, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice birthday card for your son.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful, perfect for your son...just as you wanted. TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Luv the cupcake paper. Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ky this is a fabulous cad for your son! Great job and many happy birthday wishes to him!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ky, I love the cupcakes with the birthday sentiment. Simple yet Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a cool card! Love the focal image!

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments. Make my day brighter and leave me some love!

Welcome to the Bunny Nest! I host rescued animals in a small in-home setting. Currently, I host 3 bunnies and 2 kitties. These animals will be socialized and housed for the entirety of their lives in my home. They inspire my crafts, and I use any proceeds to pay for their needs. Thanks for visiting!