Thursday, December 23, 2010

#Reverb10 - Travel

December 22 – Travel How did you travel in 2010? How and/or where would you like to travel next year? (Author: Tara Hunt) 


I traveled the most miles by truck in 2010. My trusty, big, burly Hootie. I love Hootie - he takes good care of me. He's always ready to go, but doesn't like mornings (my kinda guy!). He loves the road untraveled, and finding new places. He is my ultimate travel vehicle. We carried on across the country this year. He's playing in snow in Chicago - always a delight when his tires are in crunchy snow or dancing over ice. He is a silly, playful bull of a truck!


I tried something new this year. Yes, I cheated on Hootie. Hoot needs a break now and again. He's getting older, so I let him see me off on this adventure. I booked an AmTrak seat in summer to help bring an extra vehicle home. It was a short trek, but quite stimulating. I learned a lot about how people traveled a century ago. It was a 3-hour ride. We stopped at road crossings, sat on a side track until passing trains went by. It was amazing.


Based on that experience, I booked a longer trip to see my family for the holidays. It was an 18-hour ride, and it gave me a great opportunity to study human travel behavior. I am still fascinated, and am leaving later today for the return trip. I really enjoy this new mode of travel that lets me wander around, sit in an observation car with my art tools, and watch movies in my chair. There's more room on this train than on the train used for shorter distances.


I'm hoping Karl and I can take a trip together on the train. Maybe we will visit his mother next year, and take the train on that adventure. That would be suppa fun! Wherever you travel and by whatever mode, I hope you enjoy it, have a safe trip, and a wonderful time!


~ky

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments. Make my day brighter and leave me some love!

Welcome to the Bunny Nest! I host rescued animals in a small in-home setting. Currently, I host 3 bunnies and 2 kitties. These animals will be socialized and housed for the entirety of their lives in my home. They inspire my crafts, and I use any proceeds to pay for their needs. Thanks for visiting!