Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Reverb10 - Achieve


December 28 – Achieve
What’s the thing you most want to achieve next year? How do you imagine you’ll feel when you get it? Free? Happy? Complete? Blissful? Write that feeling down. Then, brainstorm 10 things you can do, or 10 new thoughts you can think, in order to experience that feeling today.
(Author: Tara Sophia Mohr)
My big thing this year is money management. I want all our debt gone! I know it will feel awesome because I've been there before. I will feel free, like a weight is gone, like fear is abated. We will have plans when we buy things and get out of this "Oh, it broke, we have to replace it now." pattern. Unfortunately, it's a real condition - the need (not want) to replace it NOW. 
1. Start budgeting now
2. Adjust all excess money (even if it's just $1) to savings
3. Couple the budget and savings with mental pleasure and reflection
4. Create a list of statements as sifters
5. Re-evaluate all expenditures - pass them through the #4 sifter above before agreeing to buy
6. Change where we shop for things
7. Donate functional items to those that can use them
8. Purge, purge, purge
9. Have monthly reviews and discussions - does this thing work? Are we on target?
10. Consider it an adventure. Find ways to make it fun.
Wish me luck! ~ky

1 comment:

  1. Great idea. I may copy your list for our use, I like it so much. Make it an adventure, indeed!

    Wonderful advice and best of luck!

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments. Make my day brighter and leave me some love!

Welcome to the Bunny Nest! I host rescued animals in a small in-home setting. Currently, I host 3 bunnies and 2 kitties. These animals will be socialized and housed for the entirety of their lives in my home. They inspire my crafts, and I use any proceeds to pay for their needs. Thanks for visiting!