Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Marching Out

First, I want to thank EVERYONE who left all the lovely comments, not only on my blog, but on all the blogs of the first World Inspirational Blog Hop! Yeah, we had a few hiccups, but by and large, it was so worth all the inspiration. If you didn't get to complete the hop - you still can. Eryn put together a great list of those participants on SCS. You can still hop to their sites, but remember, you may need to scroll down a little to find March 28th's posts.

Today's project is one I created for the Unity March Kit of the Month contest. A lot of ladies played this contest, so go to the website and see them all! Posts are due today. Here's mine:



I used versamark ink on the flower silhouette (designed, I believe, by Lindsay Spencer for Unity), and was trying to go for a resist application. However, I was pleasantly surprised when I began chalking the background to see that the Versamark actually picked up more chalk than the paper. So, I turned the negative (silhouette) image into a positive! Just like all our ND friends are trying to do with their crazy weather and flooding. Praying for you all!

I also stamped Dazzling Departure butterfly from Butterfly Beauty (Unity) with Ranger Ink Dusty Concord distressing ink on Shrinky Dink plastic. I carefully rolled it as it was cooling to get the effects of a real butterfly. The rest is just paper trimming (SU! PP, Bazzill CS), adding embellishments (MM brads, Offray ribbon) and gluing down.

I hope you've enjoyed peeking into my world. I will see you soon!

Peace be the journey - cool runnings.

Ta for now, ~ky

9 comments:

  1. Wow Ky! I LOVE what you did with the flowers, just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! I think your negative turned positive was one of those great "oops" moments we all have :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ky.. this is one of the most beautiful cards I have seen by you! I absolutely love it! :) You are amazing hun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this turned out beautiful!!! I love the chalking!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shrinky dinks, how cool! And I love the chalking, it soft and pretty - perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the card!!

    just not your driver...lol

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments. Make my day brighter and leave me some love!

Welcome to the Bunny Nest! I host rescued animals in a small in-home setting. Currently, I host 3 bunnies and 2 kitties. These animals will be socialized and housed for the entirety of their lives in my home. They inspire my crafts, and I use any proceeds to pay for their needs. Thanks for visiting!