Saturday, March 7, 2009

Limelight 6 Chicks Challenge!

I dropped by the Limelight blog to see what was up. They were playing with ric-rac. How long has it been since you pulled out this 1960s era sewing embellishment? Oi, does it bring back memories. My mom used to sew all my clothes, and she LOVED putting ric-rac all over everything she made for me. I swore I would NEVER buy anything with ric-rac.


And now, you tell me you are *challenging* me to use the stuff?? What? Well, I'm not one to walk away from a challenge, so here's what I came up with. Mind you, I'm not really good at following sketches, so forgive my artistic liberty.

DP We R Memory Makers, Tuscany; CS Bazzill Textured, and Swiss Dot; MM ribbon, Michael's rhinestones; Versamark ink; Stampendous Detail White embossing powder; StazOn black ink; Prismacolors using Gamsol method; Stamp image - UNITY.

Now, I'm off to check on the Etsy Challenge. There's a $15 gift certificate up for grabs. Stop by and have a look - really cool product!

Have a great Saturday!

Ta for now. ~ky

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE it! Your take on the sketch is so so cute! Thank you so much for playing along!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is totally cuuute!!!! Oh I remember my aunt sewing everything with ric rac too!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments. Make my day brighter and leave me some love!

Welcome to the Bunny Nest! I host rescued animals in a small in-home setting. Currently, I host 3 bunnies and 2 kitties. These animals will be socialized and housed for the entirety of their lives in my home. They inspire my crafts, and I use any proceeds to pay for their needs. Thanks for visiting!