Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Pretty and Polished

Hey friends! I'm back with a new tutorial on Splitcoast Stampers (SCS). This time, I'm cleaning out some of my beauty supplies. Can you guess?

Fingernail polish! Yes! I have some issues with nail polish, so I rarely wear it. I have some bottles that have been lonely in a dark closet. But the colors are so pretty, and the glitter is in a form I can live with - bunnehs do not look good in glitter!

So I created a new technique using nail polish, water, a stir stick, and plain cardstock. We've named this Nail Polish Marbling. Here are some finished panels awaiting turning into projects.




I also made you a little video to show you how I made these. I want to thank SCS for allowing me to share this technique - so please hop on over to the technique page and gallery. I'd be extra happy, like a chicken with a June bug, if you tried the technique and shared your work!



Here are my 2 finished projects. If these strong colored panels are frightening to you, just treat them like monsters and cut them up! Cut strips, paper piece, use your dies - when you do any of these actions, that paper can cover a full set of cards.

Beautiful You paper-pieced dress.


Hero Arts "smile" and SU! striped scallop die

Now, go play and have fun! It's only paper!

Ta for now,
~ky


2 comments:

  1. Oh for some play time!!! We have to go on a trip this weekend and we kist discovered that our hot weater heater has been leaking for some time. Our house is in chaos so I will have to wait until sometinme late next week but I can't wait to give this a try. I saw your video over at SCS this morning!! Your backgrounds are stunning and I just love the SU! stamp set you used. It's one of my favorites!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous video. I love this technique. Problem is I only have a limited supply of polish. Growing up any color other than clear or pale pink and my dad would say "you look like a Jezebell" that stuck with me and I only have bought mostly subtle polish. I do however have some black and hold that I bought for craft projects. I will have to make something with those. Thank you for the time and effort you did in making this video.

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments. Make my day brighter and leave me some love!

Welcome to the Bunny Nest! I host rescued animals in a small in-home setting. Currently, I host 3 bunnies and 2 kitties. These animals will be socialized and housed for the entirety of their lives in my home. They inspire my crafts, and I use any proceeds to pay for their needs. Thanks for visiting!