Saturday, May 5, 2018

Fighting Fish

Hello! Welcome back to my little blog. I've got a simple project for you today. I was recently introduced to stamps by The Ton. Of course I had to have a lovely set perfect for my MISTI addiction. I was so excited that I made a mistake in the order, but the owner, Effie Cho, was quick to get it corrected for me! I cannot love great customer service more!


Aren't these Beautiful Bettas absolutely gorgeous?? And they have matching dies. This set is incredible. I can't wait to make a color combo swatch with them to choose fin fashions! Until then, I jumped right into the fish bowl!


A gorgeous betta deserves beautiful water to make his colors leap from the page. I used Yupo paper, 4 colors of Adirondack alcohol ink, some alcohol blending solution, and a can of compressed air. I used the compressed air to move the inks into one another, letting them pool and dry however they would. I love the hard edges - it's just my thing. Before the ink is completely dry, it is very sticky. I pressed bits of Nuvo sunkissed copper gilding flakes, popping them on different spots and rubbing off what wouldn't stick. Isn't this gorgeous on it's own?

Well. It can't stay pretty just looking at me. It had to become something I could share with others. I die cut this piece (sob!) with a large Spellbinder's circle die. 

My tears were still drying, so I turned to the betta to distract myself with something beautiful. I wasn't even sad for the Yupo after this. These layering stamps are so easy to line up. I put them in my MISTI to get them just perfect.


I used Mustard Seed, Orange Marmalade, Barn Door, and Aged Mahogany Distress Inks to get this beauty. On the first layer - the large solid fish, I tapped on Marmalade with my finger, then added Mustard Seed in the same way. The second layer was Barn Door which I double-stamped. I love the mix! It's a color riot! Then the Aged Mahogany pulled it all together. 


He is so handsome!! I added two bits of sea grass to hang out with him. The sentiment is white embossed on black cardstock with a little Glittered Enamel Dot perfectly matching the grass. How happy that makes me! I also added Morning Dew Nuvo Crystal Drops in a couple of places.


I added it to a Whisper White base embossed with a Sizzix folder. What do you think? I think I'm in love!!

Thanks for stopping by today - it's nice to see you! Please feel free to leave a comment, I always love hearing from you.

Ta for now!
~ky

3 comments:

  1. I love the background. Great idea to use the gilding flakes. I’ll have to try that. What color alcohol inks did you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the delay - I used Pool, Denim, Stream, and Aqua. Thanks!!

      Delete

I adore comments. Make my day brighter and leave me some love!

Welcome to the Bunny Nest! I host rescued animals in a small in-home setting. Currently, I host 3 bunnies and 2 kitties. These animals will be socialized and housed for the entirety of their lives in my home. They inspire my crafts, and I use any proceeds to pay for their needs. Thanks for visiting!