Friday, December 25, 2015

My Dear Friend

Hey there! Merry Christmas! I thought I'd share a little card I made. My friend Tiffany is taking some time off from hosting our Mix-Ability challenge. I wanted to send her warm wishes as she moves forward, and you can too!

This week's Mix-Ability Challenge on Splitcoast Stampers is to use Tiffany's wonderful gallery for inspiration and CASE-ing (Copy And Share Everything). She is an amazing mixed media artist, yet she keeps a lot of her designs CAS (clean and simple). So I went with CAS and some pretty flowers that pale in comparison to her beautiful spirit.


I have been itching to try Lydia's technique that she shared on her Understand Blue blog. She calls it Frosted Watercolor and it's amazing! She has a video, and I'm sure she'd love you to stop by and watch it.

I stamped the flower on Crumb Cake cardstock with Soft Suede ink. Isn't that a gorgeous stamp?? It's in the Occasions catalog launching January 5th, and it's called Birthday Blooms. I am in LOVE with this set!! Imagine all the colors you could pair up!

So, back to Lydia - she taught me to use our Blender Pens to apply Whisper White craft reinker to any area you want to pop on darker cardstock. Wow!

I painted the flower and buds with reinker, then applied Prismacolor pencils over the reinker. You can really see the difference. The leaves did NOT have reinker, so they are muted and not competing for attention.

I also stamped the row of hearts that are in this set with Whisper White craft ink. I think you are gonna get sick of seeing me use that ink. It really is *that* good!

I added some sequins from the Love Blossoms embellishment kit. That is packed with cool stuff, and makes it really easy to coordinate with the Love Blossoms papers. Oh - and we have WINK OF STELLA!!! Eeep!!!

Ok - you've got lots of new toys, friends and family over, lots of fun memories to make. You can come play anytime! Thanks for stopping in - I love it when you visit. Have a great holiday!

Ta -
~ky


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

2 comments:

  1. Oh to have 1/4 of your talent. Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thud! That's my jaw hitting the floor. Ky your card is absolutely stunning. Must.try.this.technique!

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments. Make my day brighter and leave me some love!

Welcome to the Bunny Nest! I host rescued animals in a small in-home setting. Currently, I host 3 bunnies and 2 kitties. These animals will be socialized and housed for the entirety of their lives in my home. They inspire my crafts, and I use any proceeds to pay for their needs. Thanks for visiting!