Friday, September 23, 2011

Let a White Out Greet You

Yeah, I'm looking forward to snow. Hey, somebody's got to do the lovin' of snow! The Greeting Farm Fresh Friday challenge last week was to make a mostly white card - a White Out. Now, that got me excited. Talk about a challenge! Here's what I made:

{click to enlarge}

I recognized 2 directions this challenge could go - clean and simple, or built up and textural. I chose the latter. I love this older set, called Set Sail. I stamped it in Rich Cocoa, Memento ink, then added just enough warm grey Copic coloring to give hints of shading.

{click to enlarge}

I stacked a punched flower (SU), a button (Gina K), a beading flower (Michael's), and some liquid pearls (Ranger). Love how that looks! The eyelets on the first class tag are stars from probably 10 years ago, and I added a gem to the center of each.

I had a wonderful time yesterday teaching art journaling to two young ladies and their mom. I'm so excited to be taking this adventure with them! I'll be back tomorrow with my art journaling play-along with the Greeting Farm. Thanks so much for stopping by.

Don't forget we're getting ready for Operation Julie's Smile. The prizes they've gathered are amazing, with more rolling in every day. Every person who donates money, no matter how small the amount, will be put in the hat for the drawing of many prizes - about $1,800 worth so far! Come join us!!

Click for more information.

Ta!
♥ ~ky

Recipe: Cardstock, Gina K pure luxury, Set Sail stamp set by the Greeting Farm (retired) and 'first class' sentiment from Gina K's Special Deliver set by Tami Mayberry, Memento Rich Cocoa ink, Copic markers, Cuttlebug embossing folder, Gina K ribbon, button,  Michaels star eyelets and rhinestones, Spellbinder's dies, SU punch, Gina K button, Michaels bead flower, Ranger's liquid pearls.

1 comment:

  1. VERY cute, my friend! Love the white on white- those are hard for me to do so I really admire this! Best Mates is still one of my FAVE sets ever!

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments. Make my day brighter and leave me some love!

Welcome to the Bunny Nest! I host rescued animals in a small in-home setting. Currently, I host 3 bunnies and 2 kitties. These animals will be socialized and housed for the entirety of their lives in my home. They inspire my crafts, and I use any proceeds to pay for their needs. Thanks for visiting!