Thursday, June 16, 2011

Wear White!

This week, Cat challenged us to wear our whites, now that it's past Memorial Day. That used to be such a big thing when I was little. We couldn't wear our white shoes after Labor Day. I always thought it was weird!

{click to enlarge}

This card uses Gina K's Pure Luxury Base Weight (Copic-proof) cardstock (white & baby blue). I masked the card with the nestability die and sponged the sun, sky and water with Ranger Distress Inks. I colored the images with Copic markers.

{click to enlarge}

I used a border die from Tim Holtz Sizzix line to create the left edge of the tag, cut glass and soldered the edges to highlight the phrase "Stand Out", added a button with nautical twine, and added a seagull. I played up the unique factor with 2 'plain' nail heads, and a ruby crystal brad.

The images are from Theresa Momber's By the Sea set, and the sentiment is from Vintage Chic, the latest Stamp TV kit, both from Gina K.

Hope you get to play with some paper and ink this weekend. Thanks for stopping by!

♥ky

2 comments:

  1. Love this Ky! Yes, it was a big deal when I was younger too!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW~ honey this is wonderful! The colouring is just right. Your layout is terrific. Anyone would be pleased to receive such a beautiful card. {{Hugz}}

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments. Make my day brighter and leave me some love!

Welcome to the Bunny Nest! I host rescued animals in a small in-home setting. Currently, I host 3 bunnies and 2 kitties. These animals will be socialized and housed for the entirety of their lives in my home. They inspire my crafts, and I use any proceeds to pay for their needs. Thanks for visiting!