Saturday, January 29, 2011

Make Art!

I'm slowly posting pages of my ArtHouse Sketchbook project. I thoroughly enjoyed making this book and tho some things didn't turn out the way I wanted - it was an awesome experience.

Here's the inside cover, the title page of my book. My journal theme was First thing in the Morning, Last thing at Night. I started with an idea in mind, but found my art didn't want to play with that idea. After weeks of pushing and pulling, I realized I was in my own way. I let go and just let the page develop as it wanted.

{click to enlarge}

What I learned by letting the art take it's own form was that first thing in the morning and last thing at night, I'm thinking about making art. So this naturally became the title. I'm amazed by the other artists. Take a look through their work. I feel like such an amateur! Oh yeah, I am! Doh!

This page was completed using acrylic paint, dried acrylic rings of paint, letter stickers (painted over and layered for dimension), and hardware. Gorilla glue was very necessary for this page. I love to use things that are not common to art to create art.

Hope you have a great day - feel free to leave a comment if you'd like.
~ky

1 comment:

I adore comments. Make my day brighter and leave me some love!

Welcome to the Bunny Nest! I host rescued animals in a small in-home setting. Currently, I host 3 bunnies and 2 kitties. These animals will be socialized and housed for the entirety of their lives in my home. They inspire my crafts, and I use any proceeds to pay for their needs. Thanks for visiting!