Sunday, January 10, 2010

H{ippity} Hop! Easter's on it's way...

Hello my friends out in blogland! If it's Monday and you're here, there's only one likely reason - it's H{ippity} Monday!! Yay!!

I created another page in my art journal to commemorate my trek down Project 365 (which may de-evolve into Project 52). I did a project like this back on 2004, except we focused on 7 days. It was intense, taking repeat pictures of the things that repeated in that week, and joyous for all the 'odd' things that also got captured by my camera.

So this time, I'm going to focus on capturing a picture each day for a full year. Ok, ya caught me...I also got a new digital 35mm SLR for Christmas! Thanks Dad! This project will also serve as a 'getting to know you' period for me and my new toy! Wanna play along? Go ahead!! SCS also has a forum if you want to get involved there.


{click to enlarge}

What do you think? I just love creating in my art journal. Yes...I'm reaching all sorts of ways 'out of my box.' Hmmm...that gives me a visual - maybe I need to draw that right now. Hmmm... No smart remarks from the peanut gallery!

Have a great time while you check out all the other great projects today! Play along with the weekly challenge HERE.  Now - off to Elisabeth's blog!

Cool runnings. Peace be the journey! ~ky

19 comments:

  1. I love it! It's all kinds of scrappy and I really love that ribbon bloom thing you made!! It has great colors and texture! Stay out of that box girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ky congrats on the new camera!! How fun getting to learn to use it! I really love your journal page! If I ever get to meet you in person...which I hope I do, I hope I can hold your journal in my hands and look at it up close. I promise I won't drool on it!! (or atleast I will try not to!) LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous journal!!! Have fun with your new camera, too...I bet you will take the prettiest pictures with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Ky! Another beautiful page! Can't wait to see your next one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ky--this is great! I love those papers! Great page! Have fun with your camera!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is wonderful KY, love how you did this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are rockin' this journal stuff Ky! How fun to play with a new camera...I'm sure you have great scenery where you live to be inspired by!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great Journal! They're one of my favorite things to create, I just wish I was disciplined enough to journal in them, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. great journal - I got a new point and shoot for Christmas and it may take me a year to get it figured out!! I don't think I'll ever be "talented" enough to give the SLR a shot!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it...this would inspire me everyday!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how you did such a creative job "double" stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  12. AAhhhh, a new camera, I am green with envy, that's just what I NEED!!! Have fun with it, I am loving your art journal! Stick with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful Journals Ky~~ Have fun with your new camera!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Have fun with your new camera. That's a lovely journal that you created.

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is wonderful! love the collage look you've been creating lately! congrats on the new camera.

    ReplyDelete
  16. ohhh LOVE this page Ky! SO many super fun elements!! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments. Make my day brighter and leave me some love!

Welcome to the Bunny Nest! I host rescued animals in a small in-home setting. Currently, I host 3 bunnies and 2 kitties. These animals will be socialized and housed for the entirety of their lives in my home. They inspire my crafts, and I use any proceeds to pay for their needs. Thanks for visiting!