Monday, June 29, 2009

Welcome Sunshine!

A lot of you have been suffering under cloudy skies. I hope this post will brighten your day.


It is MY HONOR to congratulate Sunshine's Stamp Creations on their digital launch! Woohoo! Sunshine is offering a free digital image to celebrate their production. I was thrilled to get a digital copy and here's what I've made with him. His name is Angus Argus!




I love this guy! He has a sister named Angie - so if you want to deck her out and toss in some bling, feel free! This image is so versatile - I've seen kids cards, punny cards, grown up cards, reversed image cards. It's great!


My first thought when I saw Angus took me back to my firefighting days. I used to be an assistant mix-master working with those awesome tanker planes you see on the news. It was an awesome job, filled with responsibility, and I always came home pink from the dye. I have also served as a ground firefighter, and a helicopter firefighter. All those people are AWESOME and deserve a huge thank you! This is my thank you card for Boise this year. Hats off!!




This is a closer look at Angus' details. I colored him with red prismacolor pencil, then added my Pebbles metallic paste to his body and on the rotor wash. Kinda hard to see in this picture, but he sparkles like a freshly painted plane IRL.


I used Gina K's pure luxury heavy base red and black paper, Gina K's ribbon and brads, my SU! scalloped circle and label punches, and my scor-bug. Angus' image was printed in laser toner on my trusty old printer, and the sentiment (from Unity's Unity in America set) was stamped in Memento tuxedo black.


Again....HUGE Congrats to Sunshine Stamps! Stop by and see all the fabulous projects made with this image. You'll be blown away!


Ta for now! ~ky

10 comments:

I adore comments. Make my day brighter and leave me some love!

Welcome to the Bunny Nest! I host rescued animals in a small in-home setting. Currently, I host 3 bunnies and 2 kitties. These animals will be socialized and housed for the entirety of their lives in my home. They inspire my crafts, and I use any proceeds to pay for their needs. Thanks for visiting!