Friday, April 10, 2009

Ashley's Etsy Inspired Challenge #30 Lauren's Store

Ooooh - I love this store. There are so many pretties and shiny things. I just want to pet them all! You can see all her incredible designs here at Lauren Alexander in Etsy.

Ashley's challenge was to use something in Lauren's store to inspire our project. I chose this item: Sweet Tree. I thought it was an incredibly delightful piece. So, this is what I made:

I chalked the sky and grass subtly using Craf-T chalks, stamped the Unity Dream Tree three times (Ranger Ink - Tea Dye, Vintage Photo and Peeled Paint) to give the effect of blossoming branches. I stamped Unity flowers (Nov 08 KOTM) twice, then topped them with Prima flowers, Doodlebug jewels, and Michael's rhinestones. I stamped Unity's deer and birdie (both Nov 08 KOTM) then colored them with Prismacolor pencils. I stamped the delightful sentiment (same Unity KOTM), added MM ribbon, and punched it out with SU!s label punch. The paper is all Bazzill cardstock, except the blue peeking out behind the label (that's SU!).

I hope you've enjoyed looking at the project as much as I enjoyed making it!

Peace be the journey - cool runnings.

Ta for now, ~ky

6 comments:

  1. I love how you blinged out those Unity flowers. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is way too cool! I love the flowers...and the little fawn..and the bird. Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh I love this KY! What a cute little scene you made!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ky, this is AWESOME! I love the dear and the sweet little bird. The flowers are all so cute! Thanks for playing along with our challenge, it means a lot to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soft and sweet! Love all those flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. TOTALLY adorable and TWEEEEET!!! Yep, me with a dumb pun!!! LOL Seriously.....LUV how you did the flowers!!

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments. Make my day brighter and leave me some love!

Welcome to the Bunny Nest! I host rescued animals in a small in-home setting. Currently, I host 3 bunnies and 2 kitties. These animals will be socialized and housed for the entirety of their lives in my home. They inspire my crafts, and I use any proceeds to pay for their needs. Thanks for visiting!