Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Faux Metal Effects

Hello again! Today I have a quick video for you, and an easy way to achieve faux metal effects for use on your cards and journals. You may have noticed the interesting panel behind the focal point of my finger-painting card shared HERE.


Don't you love that look? It's really easy to do. Here's a 3 minute video to show you how I did this.





I love the way metal is woven through most of the elements on this card. Please see THIS POST for more details on the creation of the card. The supplies used are listed below.

Thank you so much for visiting my blog - I really love reading your comments!
~ky

  ----- S U P P L I E S -----
Basic black cardstock
Versamark Ink
Pan Pastel Metallics
Sofft Sponges
Matte Mod Podge Spray Sealer
Stampin' Up! 3D Dynamic Embossing Folder Hexagons
Stampin' Up! White embossing paste
Stampin' Up! Copper thread
Stampin' Up! Copper embossing powder
Copper foil paper - retired
Stampin' Up! Pattern Party Decorative Masks
Stampin' Up! Rooted in Nature Stamp Set and Dies
Palette Knives
Linen Thread
Nature's Poem Designer Series Paper

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Ky, for sharing this background technique. Absolutely gorgeous and love the card!

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments. Make my day brighter and leave me some love!

Welcome to the Bunny Nest! I host rescued animals in a small in-home setting. Currently, I host 3 bunnies and 2 kitties. These animals will be socialized and housed for the entirety of their lives in my home. They inspire my crafts, and I use any proceeds to pay for their needs. Thanks for visiting!