Monday, June 30, 2014

ATC Swap!

I don't know about you, but ATCs are absolutely adorable! They present different challenges from other size projects, forcing you to concentrate the creative impact in a mere 2.5 x 3.5 inch canvas. Squee!! Couple that with using The Cat's Pajamas supplies, and it's over the top!

I have a hard time choosing simple. I wanted something different - an interactive piece that would support plenty of bling and dimension. I basically wanted to do a flip card, so this was the template I used.

This image is copyrighted by Penny Wessenauer, 2009
I wish I could take credit for the design (seriously, why didn't I think of that item #4billion), but Penny Wessenauer is the genius behind this and several other designs. If you click the photo, it will take you to a photobucket account for this design and many more.

Here's the front side of mine. I loved picking out the little pins and beads, the flowers, well, everything about it!


I had to put my scissors in there to hold it closed. The stamps are from The Cat's Pajamas set called Bubbles Happen. Here's the inside:


I also used several Cat's Pajamas dies - the cloud border, the flower is from Under My Hat and Petal Posie Cut Ups, and plus the Butterflies Cut Up. I also used the SU! Chalk Talk die for the clipboard top. I cut that out of metallic foil tape, and the butterfly and small flower from vellum.

The paper is My Mind's Eye - Summer Splash. The cardstock and Mother of Pearl paper (clouds) is from Gina K Designs. Misc fun foam, beads, bead pin, spinner, and sequin from my stash.

I hope you enjoy the description, especially Penny's template (I do not know Penny, but I want her to be clearly credited for this design!). Get out there and play!

~ky

Here are the sweet ATCs I received in return. They are all simply ADORABLE!

Left to right, Linda Nicholson, Linsey Rickett, AshJoy, Jenni, Linda Nicholson.

Left to right, Christine Veneruso,Kelli Hull, Bonnie Ratzloff, Nancy Thomas.








1 comment:

  1. What fun these are! Your flip card is awesome! Thanks for the how to. Looking forward to our next swap:)
    Ashjoy

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments. Make my day brighter and leave me some love!

Welcome to the Bunny Nest! I host rescued animals in a small in-home setting. Currently, I host 3 bunnies and 2 kitties. These animals will be socialized and housed for the entirety of their lives in my home. They inspire my crafts, and I use any proceeds to pay for their needs. Thanks for visiting!