Thursday, August 22, 2013

DTGD in Review

Hello! I'm sharing a card I made recently for the Dare To Get Dirty challenges on Splitcoast. The DTGD challenges have closed, but you can look forward to next year's. It's a GREAT time with awesome challenges. All you have to do is be a member of the site and you get access to play those challenges, plus lots of other goodies, like the monthly Fan Gallery. I'll be having a series of posts recapping cards I made for that set of challenges.


I used one of my favorite Tim Holtz sets (by Stamper's Anonymous), Sewing Blueprints, for this card. I covered the image with thick embossing powder, then stitched it to the card base with my Janome machine. I colored the image with Copic markers.

The paper is Lost & Found, Union Square, so awesome by My Mind's Eye and I added some faux stitching with Gina K Designs Nana's Needlework set illustrated by Nina Brackett. The sentiment is from that set, too.

Find a way to stitch something on your next project. It's sew much fun! (Sorry, you knew I had to say that!)

Ta for now,

~ky

1 comment:

  1. Oh how I would love to be as talented as you...
    Love your beautiful card,Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments. Make my day brighter and leave me some love!

Welcome to the Bunny Nest! I host rescued animals in a small in-home setting. Currently, I host 3 bunnies and 2 kitties. These animals will be socialized and housed for the entirety of their lives in my home. They inspire my crafts, and I use any proceeds to pay for their needs. Thanks for visiting!