Monday, December 31, 2012

Auld Lang Syne

My end of year, life, project, etc. dirge is Auld Lang Syne. Many of you may sing it tonight, even, but do you know what it means? It's a Scots' song focusing on things that have passed, long time since, or for the sake of old times. It's romantic and a bit sad to look back on the old days, to reminisce on the ups and downs of the past year.

My lost love, Tate.

My friends, Diane Schulte, and Sherry Campbell and Kim Muhl, have been the shining stars of my year, along with my Dad, my sister, and several other very dear friends in crafting, writing, and facebook circles. It's been a complete rollercoaster for me this year. It started with me looking forward to following my One Little Word - Distance - toward the goal I thought it would lead to - running another half-marathon. Instead, it plummeted me to the bottom of my world when my marriage abruptly ended.

The hard lesson that no one else will look out for you. It's a do-it-yourself world.

Instead of enjoying greater health and more physical fitness, the distance turned into many other applications: moving quite a distance, learning to unbuild and move a distance away in my heart from most of the things and people I loved, and falling a distance backward in my state of health and fitness.

A bit of zen artwork that kept me sane.

Yet there were amazing things that came out of those negative events. I found myself and my faith again. I moved in with my Dad and we've done a lot of projects together, including building my dream - the ArtLab! It will be opening for virtual business in 2013.

Sweat equity and a black eye.

I purged my belongings and have eliminated a lot of useless clutter. I ran a 10k event, and have been training at that distance again. I finished writing a second novel, and made good progress on a third.

Dyna, enjoying a sunny window on a warm bed.

The bunnehs have a safe, very large backyard, and long periods of good weather for romps. The kittehs have cozy places and a yard to explore. Things are on the upswing again, and I have further, recent evidence that God will bring me through it. He's confirmed He's still watching out for my best interests, even if it means a painful transition. Afterall, He gave me a white Christmas in Texas just to let me know He's with me, and let me feel a few minutes of my mom 'near' me. Love you mom.

Buddy enjoys fresh air and hay.

I hope your transition from old to new is a positive one, and that you don't mind reflecting on things, for auld lang syne.

Peace be with you, Lord willing, I'll see you in the new year.

~ky


2 comments:

  1. Wishing you good things in the New Year, Ky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, your artwork is stunning! I feel the exact same way about you. I am so glad to have you in my life as a GREAT friend and hope to continue getting closer in the new year. <3

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments. Make my day brighter and leave me some love!

Welcome to the Bunny Nest! I host rescued animals in a small in-home setting. Currently, I host 3 bunnies and 2 kitties. These animals will be socialized and housed for the entirety of their lives in my home. They inspire my crafts, and I use any proceeds to pay for their needs. Thanks for visiting!