Saturday, July 25, 2009

Busy Week - Simple Card

I've been busy with a lot of things, so I didn't have much time to spend on my project. However, I really needed a get well card for a friend. I sat down in my studio and pulled up the Stamp TV color challenge for this week. The colors were green, brown and vanilla - colors found in nature. Well, what better image to use than something from nature!?!

It's a fairly simple card - SU!s Old West two-sided patterned paper, Bazzill and Gina K cardstocks, Gina K Designs Many Wishes stamp set, SU! kiwi kiss ink, and Ranger Ink distressing ink in walnut, flower soft, MM ribbon and Robin's Nest dew drops.


I love the texture of the flower soft. Doesn't it look like you could just pick it up and blow the fronds away? Oh - there's a little stickles glitter in the center of each seed head, but it didn't want to play with my camera. Awww....stickles is shy!



That's it for right now. I'm working on some new uses for old products - trying to bring my painting world together with my papercraft world.



Don't forget to visit Sunshine's Stamp Creations for the last free image! He's one cool cat! I'll be posting a project with him tomorrow, but some of the gals on the team will be posting projects tonight. Go visit them!!



Ta for now, ~ky


3 comments:

  1. Ky this is absolutely perfect!! :) I love it hun! And I love the new design elements on your blog! {hugs}

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty!! I don't know why stickles just won't play nice for the camera. These flowers remind me of the puff that landed on Cody's shirt the other day...

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this! you did the flower soft perfect. I want to blow on it and make a wish!

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments. Make my day brighter and leave me some love!

Welcome to the Bunny Nest! I host rescued animals in a small in-home setting. Currently, I host 3 bunnies and 2 kitties. These animals will be socialized and housed for the entirety of their lives in my home. They inspire my crafts, and I use any proceeds to pay for their needs. Thanks for visiting!